Syria: U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) said in a statement that it has arrested five foreign Islamic State fighters in an operation in Syria.
The arrested IS militants include two Americans, one Irish citizen and two Pakistanis.
Full SDF statement:
The operation Jazeera Storm, carried out with the aim of liberating the last regions under the occupation of ISIS, continues steadily towards clearing the last bastions of the group. ISIS, which is now cornered in a small area after being cleared from large swathes of territory it once held, is suffering heavy losses due to operations of our forces. Recently, in order to prevent the advance of our forces, terrorists have attempted to carry out attacks several times. In this context, a group of terrorists who had been preparing to attack the civilians who were trying to get out of the war zone in masses was detected. Following long-term technical and physical follow-up, an operation against the cell was carried out by our forces. As a result of the operation, 5 terrorists originally from the United States, Ireland and Pakistan were captured. The ID details of captured terrorists are as follows;
- Warren Christopher Clark (Abu Mohammad al-Ameriki) originally from Houston, USA.
- Alexandr Ruzmatovich Bekmirzaev, originally Dublin, İreland.
- Zaid Abed al-Hamid (Abu Zaid al-Ameriki), originally from USA.
- Fadel al-Rahman Cad (Abu Enam al-Muhajir), originally from Lahor, Pakistan.
- Abed al-Azem Rajhoud (Abu Omea al-Pakistani), originally from Sialkot, Pakistan.